Congratulations to the Class of 2013
For the sixth year in a row the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, has achieved a 100% American Board of Internal Medicine pass rate.
We extend our congratulations to the members of the class of 2013: Michael Agustin, MD; Abdel Anabtawi, MD; Carolina Fonseca-Valencia, MD; Denisa Hagau, MD; Teresa Slomka, MD; Andrea Kassai, MD; Mohammad Mourad, MD; Yazan Migdady, MD; Zanira Faizal, MD; Manoj Bhattarai, MD, and Abdul Bhutta, MD.
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island and Care New England Partnership
In September 2013, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (MHRI) solidified an affiliation with the Care New England Health System (CNE). The move capped more than a year's work exploring the affiliation and going through the required regulatory process on the federal and state level. Memorial became the fourth hospital partner in CNE, joining Butler, Kent and Women & Infants hospitals. CNE also includes the Care New England Wellness Center and the VNA of Care New England.
The CNE-MHRI partnership includes the organizations' commitment to provide ongoing clinical excellence through a comprehensive range of services, as well as sustain the strong academic and research programs at MHRI, a community hospital that has served the greater Pawtucket community for more than 125 years. CNE and MHRI envision that their partnership will bring to the expanded and enhanced CNE system:
- Improvement of quality of clinical programs and services
- Patient access to a broader continuum of services over an expanded service area
- Development of signature service lines, including women's health, behavioral health, primary care, cardiovascular services, and home health
- Maintenance of the strong academic and research platform that is essential to fostering clinical excellence and innovation
- Enhancement of physician recruitment, retention and integration initiatives
- Improvement of facilities, technology and information technology platforms
- Development of an integrated delivery system in which patient care is coordinated across the full continuum of care for population health management
Click here for the full press release
Meet our Residency Coordinator
Not only does Ruthie Raposo, Residency Coordinator, run the day-to-day operations of the IMRP, but she is the program’s heartbeat. During the month of November, you can find Ruthie hiding behind stacks of program applications. She looks forward to meeting this year’s applicants and introducing them to our current residents.
The annual Intern Retreat was held on Sunday, September 22, 2013. Following the morning workshops at MHRI the group traveled to a local restaurant for lunch. Inclement weather forced us to cancel our planned kayaking trip, but the group retained its upbeat spirit and went go-carting for the afternoon. Thank you to the faculty and interns who made the event such a success! Pictured here is a group photo from the retreat.